Lahore ring road authority (LRRA) Govt of punjab has given an ad in newspaper the request for the proposal of construction of lahore ring road ( southern loop) on public private partnership. Well, ring road Southen Loop project is already delayed due to hindrance of budget , land acquisition issues and political scenarios. Now it seem that the related issues are solved and this project will be started soon. Well what will be a impact on housing societies especially Bahria Town of this Southern Loop Ring Road ?, see expert analysis by Nabeel Zafar
Feature of Ring Road Lahore
Lahore ring road authority ( LRRA), Government of Punjab, Pakistan is undertaking construction of the remaining length of Lahore Ring Road ( Southern Loop), a 30.4km long, 6 -lanes with limited service roads high speed modern corridor on Public Private Partnership Mode in accordance with Punjab PPP Act 2014. Southern loop forms part of the most strategic road for lahore being a major corridor around the city and a gate way to high level economic hub in this part of the Province. Northern Loop of the Ring Road, about 40 km length has already been completed by the Government of Punjab through its own resources.
Estimated Budget of Southern Loop
LRRA is now soliciting Bid Proposals from well reputed National and Inrernational firms/ builders, joint venture and consortia to undertake southern Loop, costing about 30-35 Billion ( USD 295 TO 344 Million) , on Public Private Partnership
Terms & Condition for Southern Loop
The following may be kept in view while submitting proposals.
- LRRA shall provide land for project free of encumbrances to concessionaire.
- The Firms/ Developers shall be responsible for detailed Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Finance of Lahore Ring Road ( Southern Loop) under builder transfer (BT) Model against USD pegged deferred payment on Eight (08) years after construction.
- All interested parties may obtain the RFP Document from the office of Deputy Director (Contracts), LRRA during office hours up to June 01, 2015 against payment of Rs. 10,000 ( Pak rupees Ten Thousands Only) non-refundable fee in the shape of Pay order/ Bank Draft in favour of the Chair-Person, Lahore Ring Road Authority, Lahore. RFP can also be downloaded from the website of PPP Cell, P&D Department “www.ppp.punjab.gov.pk”
- The RFP contains instructions to bidder, Draft concession Agreement and Detailed Project Report ( Drawing , Specification, EIA report).
- Pre-bid meeting will be held on June 02, 2015 at 1030 hours PST in the committee room of LRRA.
- LRRA will not be responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by the bidders in connection with prepration of submission of bids.
- The firm will be selected by the following ” single stage- three envelope” bidding procedure.
- RFP comprising of pre qualification documents, technical proposal and finance proposal, in separate sealed envelopes, clearly marked ” Engineering, Procurement , construction and finance of Lahore Ring Road (Southern Loop) under Build-Transfer (BT) Model” should reach the deputy director ( Contracts), LRRA not later than June, 30 , 2015 upto 1200 hours PST.
- Further information/ clarification may be obtained from the undersigned or Deputy Director P&D, LRRA on any working day during working hours.
For further Information contact following Address:
Director Contracts, P& D Lahore Ring Road Authority, Cricket House 20-A shadman Colony , Jail Road Lahore, Pakistan.
PH: 92-42-99268141-42 Fax 92-42-99268131
For any information regarding the impact of Southern Loop Ring Road on Bahria Town and Bahria Orchard Lahore you can contact me
Usman bin khalid 0301-4442226